Thursday, October 1, 2009

Spiritual Mayhem

One of the things that I can not stand is new age philosophy void of reason or, science void of possibility. Those are two extremes for which I'm happy to not be a part of.

I appreciate science and psychology. I even respect spirituality and holistic healing. But some people try to throw certain new age ideas at me and to put it bluntly... it annoys the fuck out of me.

There's nothing worse than someone, anyone, telling you what your spiritual prognosis is. What gives them the authority to tell me what I can and can not like? Worse yet when it comes out of the mouth's of hypocrites!

Wisdom is not a life void of sorrow or anger. The ultimate human experience is not cutting out the parts of yourself you don't like. Zen or being close to God is not a happiness that's forced, or faked, or manipulated, to look genuine.

That's what I believe, and what anyone else believes is their prerogative. Just don't chastise me or act like I need salvation because I'm not the mirror image of you.

How vain!

No comments:

Post a Comment